Special Joint Seminar of UTokyo and Tongji University
1) Time and day: 10:00am-12:00am, August 5 (Monday), 2019
2) Place: Lecture room No.13, Department of Civil Engineering, Ground floor, Engineering Building No.1, Hongo Campus, The University of Tokyo (https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/content/400020145.pdf)
- Opening remarks: TBD (The University of Tokyo)
- Presentation 1: Quality of life assessment of Shanghai and Guangzhou based on multi-source data source (Dr. Xiao LUO, Associate Professor, Tongji University)
-Presentation 2: The information system of multimodal transportation in Shanghai (Dr. Lijuan SHI, Lecturer, Tongji University)
- Presentation 3: Transportation investment and its impacts on regional economics: Evidences from Japan (Prof. Hironori KATO, The University of Tokyo)
4) Short bios of invited presenters
- Luo Xiao, Ph.D. is Associate Professor of Tongji University, Master Tutor, Secretary-General of Tongji-WCTRS World Transport Research Center. Mainly engaged in low-carbon transportation, built environment assessment, data mining and big data application in urban planning and transport policy. He graduate from Nagoya University in Japan in 2013 under the supervision of Prof. Yoshitsugu HAYASHI, who is ex-President of the World Transport Congress and full member of Rome Club. As the moderator/main participant, he have completed some projects on the application of low-carbon transportation and big data technology in urban and transportation research. He have good experience in international cooperation and landing of domestic projects in big-data low-carbon cities and smart transportation. He published more than 20 academic papers, including more than 10 SCI/SSCI papers, served as the editorial board of SSCI magazine Technological Forecasting and Social Change on the theme of "Smart City and Quality of Life".
- Dr. Shi Lijuan serves as a lecturer in the department of comprehensive transportation information engineering and control in the school of traffic and transportation engineering at Tongji University. She had been a visiting scholar at the university of Wisconsin-Madison of civil engineering from 2009.8 to 2010.8. Her research area is integrated traffic and transportation informatization, automatic train control system, safety and reliability theory and technology. She has been engaged in the planning, designing and developing standards of intelligent transportation system of Shanghai, such as Shanghai traffic and transportation comprehensive information platform, Pudong new area traffic management information system, Shanghai expressway network toll collection and monitoring system, and Yangtze river delta comprehensive transportation information sharing and collaborative platform. She as a major participant in now conducting a research on a program of Comprehensive Support Technology for Railway Network Operation, which is funded by Ministry of Science and Technology of China. She is on the committee of Shanghai highway association. She has published almost 20 technical papers in journal and proceedings.
5) Charge: free
6) Language: English
7) Participation: Please contact Ms. Tomoko Samukawa (firstname.lastname@example.org) for joining this seminar.