Special Seminar at The University of Tokyo: Analyzing the influence of Aberrant Driving Behaviors on traffic safety and efficiency
Seminar Room of International Project Lab (Third floor of Engineering Building No.11, Hongo Campus)
1. Presenter: Prof. SHI Jing, Dr. E., PE, APEC E, Department of Civil Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing China
2. Theme: Analyzing the influence of Aberrant Driving Behaviors on traffic safety and efficiency
3. Date：1:30pm to 3:00pm, May 14 (Mon) 2018
4. Venue：Seminar Room of International Project Lab (Third floor of Engineering Building No.11, Hongo Campus)
5. Abstract: China has not yet become a mature automobile society, although its automobile industry is developing rapidly. The specific performance is the universal existence of aberrant driving behaviors. Aberrant driving behavior refers to the drivers’ behavior in driving which violates other traffic participants’ benefit, endangers the safety of themselves or others, including driving traffic violations and usually called bad habits in traffic. Aberrant Driving Behaviors are prevalent in China but have not attracted as much attention from researchers. Traffic accidents may be caused by frequently occurred aberrant driving behaviors. However, in the research, we found that aberrant driving behaviors not only threaten the traffic safety, but also may reduce traffic efficiency. The presentation will introduce the latest quantitative analysis methods and relative research results of aberrant driving behaviors.